Thread: quick question
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: quick question

[ QUOTE ]
pre-flop UTG Raises 2 callers then me in cutoff with A6 suited can i make that call

this is .50/1 limit full table

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it depends on your read of UTG and your reads of the blinds. If UTG is pretty LAGgy (I had a guy today that thought he was being tricky...every time he was UTG he raised! It was kind of funny. By the fifth orbit a couple of others and I had caught on, and we were fighting to see who'd get to take this guy on. He left after about 70 hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and the blinds are likely to stay in for 2, then I probably make that call. If UTG is even decent and the blinds are tight enough to fold, then I dump it. I don't really care about the two cold-callers, as they are likely to be pretty donktastic regardless.

You're around 15:1 to make your flush by the river, and I think you're unlikely to win without a flush. Therefore, if both blinds stay in and the pot isn't re-raised, you're going to have to make up 9BB by the river...not impossible with 5 opponents seeing a high-card flop, but kind of a longshot. If the blinds fold, you're going to have to make up 10.75-ishBB. I think your best bet is to dump it.

(I started out with a much meaner version of this, but somebody said I was being too harsh tonight, so now I'm trying to be helpful.)