View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: The Replacements

yeah I'm from New Jersey originally my hometown favorite venues were CityGardens in Trenton and Maxwell's-home turf for The Feelies, Yo La Tengo and other Hoboken bands-always was one of the best venues in the country.

I talked to the owner of Maxwells in early 1990's about possibly buying the place -he was looking to sell it.

I used to write down all the shows I'd seen.

I saw Battalion of Saints-from SanDiego one night at Mason Jar-the guy od'ed on stage.
Here's abunch of other great bands I saw that Idint mention before. Youth Brigade,Broken Bones, RankNFile,Tupelo ChainSex, Sacharine Trust,UK subs,The Exploited,10,000 Maniacs,Legal Weapon,Sioxsie and The Banshees,GangGreen,Slamming Watusis,Jazz Butcher,Dumptruck,Pussy Galore,PosterChildren,The Ramones,Db's,The Bangles,Flipper,Rockats,Dickies,Dead Kennedies,PIL.

More memorable shows City Gardens back back nites of X around 1983, The Clash at Asbury Park Convention Center in 84/ ish?-best friend got busted by the cops with a bag of pot and was put in jail-haha.

Saw a bunch of shows in LasVegas during this time early/mid 1980's since I spent more time in Vegas than going to schoool at ASU in Tempe-haha good gigs in Vegas were Hoodoo Gurus, LongRyders,INXS,Neil Young.

Other great shows in Phoenix were Love and Rockets,The Blasters,The Fabulous T-Birds(when they still had Jimmy Ray Vaughn),Albert Collins at Mason Jar and many others.