View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: taking shots in bigger NL games

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say set aside whatever you feel comfortable gambling with and try it out. The 2k game plays much different than the 400 game, so I would expect to drop a little getting adjusted. Starting with just 3 buyins you'd have to start off with a decent hot streak to make it, obviously the more buyins the better chance of staying at the higher limit. I think if you could afford to set aside 10 and you're a winning player you would have a good chance of making it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i think 5 would probably be the most that i'd want to gamble with right away in a game that i'm not sure what edge i'd have. also, i feel like unless i ran real bad and dropped it right away i could probably at least get a feel for the game after that, and get an idea for how good/bad people are playing. if i took only 5, would that even be worth it, or would there be too little of a chance of making it (even if i play well)?

[ QUOTE ]
One idea for you to consider, try a different site. Many sites may not have as many tables at each limit, but they have a couple tables at each limit, allowing you to work up more gradually. Either way, good luck and definitely post some hands at your new limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea as well. what sites are good and at least decent sized? i know pstars has pretty good amount, but i'd have trouble getting a lot of money in there through NETeller... but if the games are good there i suppose i could just spend a little time building up in the smaller NL games there. what are some others though that have midsized NL games?