View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Help me cook dinner tonight

OK. Try my salmon recipe from the thread on this ferum...

pour a nice layer of sesame oil on the bottom of a glass baking dish, put your fish on it skin side down (if it has skin).

On top of the fish, put some dragon sauce and some light mixed spices (easy on the spices, the dragon sauce is mostly enough). You can also put some finely grated orange rind on it if you like

Cover with slivered almonds.

Put about six to ten pads of butter on top of that.

Bake at moderate (three-fity) temperature until done.

Good side dishes

- a salad, cater this to your taste, but I might suggest a goat cheese and walnut salad with some red vinagrette, use spinach and other more exotic types of mixed greens (no iceburg lettuce please!). A few finely diced or shredded vegatables might be a nice addition here. Perhaps throw some fresh grated romano cheese on top

- steamed vegatables of your choice, perhaps mixed veggies with some spices, or maybe cooked carrots with some butter and brown sugar

- small red potatoes with rosemary and Mrs. Dash, plenty of butter or olive oil of course, boil them first to get them soft, then add oil/butter and spices, bake right in the oven with the fish

- acorn or other type of sweet squash is fabulous with some butter, you need to bake for like up to 1.5 hours first tho at 350, you can partially cook them in the microwave first to speed things up, but really slow cooking is the best

- creme berlay (sp?) or cheesecake for dessert

- Whatever wine you think goes best with all this

- and DON'T try to convince her to "catch the last 1.5 hours of WWE RAW while we eat" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If she wants to catch tonight's "friends" while you're eating tho, (GAG) you should probably say "great idea!" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

al