Thread: MTT IQ Test
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: MTT IQ Test

Cheers robzor, that’s the sort of stuff I am looking for. Hadn't thought about actually asking them if they know which hands are worth more, getting them to write the hands in order of worth from Royal down to High card could be an easy filter of the amateurs.

I guess I could have sections in the test.

Terminology - would be an easy section to write and to mark.
Theory – Standard poker theory like implied odds, and MTT theory like attacking the bubble.
Outs and Odds – Working out the outs certain hands have, and the probability of hands winning. Could go from the basic all-ins through to some rather complicated scenarios. (I prefer this to ‘how would you play this hand’ questions, as it involves similar analysis, but it has right and wrong answers).
Poker rules – Which hands are better, when can you raise, what’s an under bet that sort of stuff (thanks robzor hadn’t actually thought about the rules of the game!)

Cheers guys, this is definitely giving me a better idea. I should have Terminology and Poker rules covered. What I think I need now is some help devising some complicated outs and odds questions, so I can differentiate a bit between the more experienced players. And any complicated theory questions people might know? Hopefully there will be some questions you come up with that I can’t answer, would make the test a bit more valid.

Also, I will be referencing this thread in my dissertation, so don’t worry about Plagiarism, anything I use will be properly referenced with the credit going to the right person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon