View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Party as weak tight as Stars ?

[ QUOTE ]
Most are not weak-tight because they're 2-4 players moving down and playing like their regular weak-tight selves, they're weak-tight because they're scared of losing more than what the bonus is worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're talking about the original poster's question of the entire 1/2 level, this could very well be the case. I find it more likely they're just playing too many tables cramming in hands. I know I have a tendency to use my run-over tactics against multi-tablers unless I've decided they're one of the good ones. Also I think a lot of players at this level are just learning to be winners and have got tight figured out and are still working on adding aggressive.

But in any event, I was only referring to people who do actually drop down from 2/4 and 3/6 to clear bonuses at Party in my original post. For these people, I think the combination of the quicker clearance and that it ties up much less bankroll to have adequate money to clear it makes $1/$2 an attractive option. Drop in $500, play a few hours and cash back out.

[ QUOTE ]
If I had known you were referring to yourself, I wouldn't have insinuated that your win rate at 2/4 was lower than your bonus-clearing rate at 1/2. I apologize.

I can be a little stinker though, just so you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well therein lies the rub. At solid winrates, say if you were making 3 BB/100 at 1/2 and 2 BB/100 at 2/4 you'd still be better off playing 2/4, though not by a large margin. This is why I personally wouldn't drop down, but at lower winrates and more limited bankrolls it makes more and more sense to play the bonus at the lower limit.

So having written that I now have a much better understanding of what you were getting at with your original FYP and I guess I actually agree with you to some extent, though I didn't realize it at the time because of the way it was stated. Too late, too much beer. Out.