View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Party as weak tight as Stars ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol. I have no doubt that is true for some, but fact is, many people only log onto Party long enough to clear the bonus and then go back to earning unmentionable. This is best done at $1/$2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a real problem with this "many people" theory. It seems to be based on little besides talking to others here at 2+2, and maybe some friends who share their bonus-whoring strategies. Most people don't leave Party for other sites. Absolute has stackable perpetual bonuses and simultaneous unmentionable, and it's stone dead compared to Party. Pokerstars has zero unmentionable, rarely has bonuses, and is growing pretty quickly.

[ QUOTE ]
Ostriches do really well at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gratuitous personal insults are cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

This discussion is referring to players who "drop down" to clear bonuses. I think your points about Absolute and Pokertars are irrelevant to that point. Absolute sucks because no one plays there except bonus chasers. Pokerstars is growing because they market well and have good tournaments. That has nothing to do with Party bonus chasers clearing their bonus at $1/$2.

You may have a point about the "many", but I think it probably is a significant number. I am a pretty small time player and I know at least half a dozen people who do this. This leads me to believe it is very common, but maybe my experience is atypical.

As for insults, I learned it from watching *you*, dad! Sorry I was rude, but your FYP was pretty rude (and wrong) and it coaxed me to misbehave. I'll try to do better.