View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Difficult (I think) Q I posted over in the poker theory forum

That was my first thought, but if we have (and I'm not sure of the exact numbers) a 32% equity of winning with 23o, then with stacks of 550, 550 we are better off saving our 350 (to return 1100 which is only 31.4% I think).

However, even if BB knows we are only ever folding 23o, he should still call with everything.

We therefore have more control over the game than the BB, so logically we have an edge at that point.

At some point, the BB has more correct options than we do because he has enough chips and enough information to be able to do better things than us. There is a range however where we can remove all options from him (my above range) and there is another range where we can remove enough options from him that we still have an edge... that's the tough bit [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: Sigh... those numbers are backwards, you would need a hand that has 31.4% equity to push there, and you have 32% , so you would push. Please assume the stacks were 600 each there, so to push you would need a hand with 33% equity (400 to return 1200)

Lori