View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Castillo needs to drop 2 lbs in 2 hours to make weight

Just read they are fighting at 147 and having a weight at 3pm on Sat. If any fighter is over it will cost them $75,000 PER POUND.

I don't really see this effecting the fight. These guys were going to weigh close to 145-147 once they entered the ring, so nothing really changes. i guess no belts are on the line, but the fight is still going 12 rounds.

The thing that really bothered me was the fact just came out that Castillo fired his trainer 2 weeks ago and the new trainer didn't regulate his weight very well. How comprible can this trainer be if he can't keep his fighter's weight within the desinated wt class. Also I read some reports Castillo looked tired, probably from trying to cut weight, but you never know.

On a side note, I have taken multiple college physilogy courses, and when the body senses it is in trouble, it will actually begin to start storing water and fat instead of expending it from the body. And to lose it so quickly is what caused this reaction in Castillo. This is the reason Castillo's weight increased on his 2nd attempt.

tuds