View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: My name is Dave, and I have done the \"2/4 LHE staredown\"

GREAT thread!

My last trip to Vegas I hooked up with 2+2er Al Capone Jr. and we decided to Drunken-Magoo-it-up at the Excalibur's 2-6 spread limit game. Either myself of Al would max raise almost every hand pre-flop, pretty much pissing off the local rocks who immediately asked for a table change.

Anyway, barely 21 something sits down in seat 3 (we're in seats 8 and 9 directly opposite) and begins his WPT play on every hand with his Oakley's siting on the table.

A few hands go by and I find myself, Al, and Mr. Oakley 3-way on the turn (I have no idea what the hand was). Mr. Oakley bets out, Al raises, I re-raise, and Mr. Oakley puts on the shades and stares us down for a good 2 minutes before folding. Al and I look at each other and, without saying a word, both reach into our pockets and pull out the shades.

For the next hour we would play normal UNLESS Mr. Oakley was in the hand, then one or both of us would stop the action for 30 seconds to a minute and just stare at him. He finally had had enough and laughed about it and took off his shades and proceded to play "normal" poker at the table.