Thread: Cyclical Luck
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Reality check

[ QUOTE ]
Call me crazy but if the coin isn't biased I would bet on tails and if I missed, double my bet for tails etc... until i couldn't bear the burden of the bet or I hit. Obviously you need a point to bail out at, money management, but all things considered I think it would be a good progressive bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
once upon a time i was about 22 years old, lost about $150 bucks gambling table games. decided i would go get $50 and play it on red 3 spins in a row, doubling each time to either win or go broke (i was young, forgive me).in my wisdom i decided also that i would wait for a red to come up before i started betting, in hopes to catch a streak. a red comes up, but i get cold feet and didnt bet. next one i say to myself. next spin is red, again i dont bet, cold feet. next spin red, i decide ok, im gonna do it. the table was packed, i went up to bet, and some dick practically knocked me over to get the last spot. oh well. so i watch this guy, bets $100 on black, red comes up. $200 black, red comes up. 4 or 5 hundred black, red comes up. he kept betting a few more spins and was up to betting $1000-$1200 a spin on black. all reds came up. he got destroyed as the wheel put up 21 reds in a row. i dont know if the doubling up concept is any good, but i do know you need big cash and rocks to keep up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]