Thread: K4o SB HU
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: K4o SB HU

I think the turn check is to help create post flop balance.

If I complete, there's a lot of hands I'm betting here on this flop that have no showdown value. So if he knows that and calls, I don't want him to be able to start calling to see if I check the turn and give up (against predictable opponents when I'm in position vs them HU I will often call the flop just because they often give up if they have nothing and let me take the pot with a turn bet).

That is the reason for the turn check. And no, it was going to be a check/call turn, and bet out on the river, if he did bet the turn.

EDIT: after posting the hand I sent NLSoldier a link to it and he responded to me, "boring" and "what street is interesting?", where as I look at pretty much every street here as pretty interesting and important to get right since most the decisions and reasons for them are fairly close. Everyone knows how to play TPTK or sets or stuff but it's how often you make the right choices with middle pair and bottom pair and no pair (esp when out of position against a good opponent) that make a huge difference.