View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: QQ - the right amount of aggression?

Well you can't press any harder then you did as you bet/raised every chance you had.

This is a bad flop for you, and I would just be inclined to check and call the whole way. I know it sounds silly, but if we get aggressive in this hand we pretty much have to dump it if the villian fights back. The problem is that the villian can't like his hand too much if he has KK (our play looks a lot like aces). Obviously we call a flop cap if it comes and then fold the turn UI, but if he just calls the 3-bet with kings we are stuck since we are OOP. If we check to him, he will bet them and then we are forced to pay off to stop a bluff with AK. If we bet he will just call, so either way we put in two more BB with the worst hand.

This hand is a bitch. I hate all of our options on the river. I don't like check/folding against an unknown, I hate check/calling and betting doesn't seem to have much value since our only real hope here is that he has the other QQ or a very curious AK. I don't know what to tell you dude, but it seems like the villian outplayed you here since he had position. It also goes to show that being aggressive isn't always the answer in this game. If he throws in another raise, we just toss the hand in. By playing passive (with KK or AA) he collects another couple bets from us.

Brad