View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Beginner Sticky Bonus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you may be insane. First, poker is not a sticky bonus. Second, play every hand preflop?!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's wrong about the sticky, right about playing every hand though. It's contributed rake, and at 0.10-0.20, he should be fine playing every hand pf, as long as it's an unraised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess if your goal is to clear the bonus as fast as possible and it is contributed rake. This is certainly no way to increase your poker skill, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it did mine. Playing the .10/.20 5 max tables was a great chance to work on my short handed game at a very profitable price because of the bonus.

Playing hands I would normally never play made me think much more, and put more pressure on my post flop play.

Since the limits were low, and the majority of players still played pretty weak tight after the flop, it was a great training ground to make moves, and try things out, that I might never had tried.

I came away form the the 3 Boss media poker bonuses that I cleared playing 5 max .10/.20 a much better post flop player, and hence a much better poker player, because of me playing virtually every flop.