View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Paying the donkey? Or playing the donkey?

In response to the suggestion that I bet 2x the pot, I couldn't disagree more. I'm giving him incorrect odds to call with a draw (if that's what he's on), and every time he accepts those odds I make money. If I blow him out of the hand, I'm going to be leaving a lot of chips on the table.

As for pushing the turn, again, that's a huge overbet. The t2000 bet made it clearly incorrect for him to call if only he is drawing to either flush. If my opponents want to draw without proper odds, all I can say is "God Bless America!"

Once the three hit, I had a hell of a time thinking of a hand that I was ahead of here. AJ? A9? KK or QQ if he's just dumb as a stump? (I'm not ruling any of these out - it was a $10. I've seen people fall in love with lower pockets than QQ.)

I checked, he pushed...I called.

To nobody's surprise he showed K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Given his passivity early, I should have at least considered a fold. As it was, the pot was too big (3:1 on my call) and the blinds too high for me not to call.

Someone else at the table asked him why he would make such bad decisions, and he said, "I decided to go for it." There are so many things wrong with that statement.