View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Suggesting that someone is gay???

[ QUOTE ]
What? That is among the dumbest things ever said. Homosexuals weren't allowed to show physical love? Really? Sure, some states has these anti-sodomy laws, but they were thankfully almost never enforced. If that is the best you can do, I am owning you, son.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, almost never enforced. That's why the case was was in the Supreme Court just last year. And it wasn't the first time anti-sodomy laws had been before the SC. If you were a homosexual you'd feel offended and threatened by laws claiming the way you live is immoral and illegal. And yes, homosexuals were NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO MAKE LOVE TO EACH OTHER. And if caught by the authorities, they would go to jail. I'm not saying that many went to jail everyday, but it was illegal, and it was enforced.

[ QUOTE ]
Because maybe that is their belief? I don't care what two consenting adults do, but there are people with certain religious beliefs who have objections. What ever happened to tolerance? I hear people preach tolerance, yet they rarely practice it. As Ted Koppel said once referring to some gays, "tolerance is a one-way street." If people should tolerant gays (as they should), then maybe you and others should tolerate peoples beliefs that you disagree with. Tolerance needs to be a two-way street. Or do you disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey brotha, I'm all about tolerance and love. By asking why some people don't want gays together, I thought it would be obvious by implication I was asking why some people have the belief that that gays shouldn't be together. People that hate gays (or love them so much that they want them to denounce their vile, wicked lifestyle and be saved by Jesus Christ, which is what I've heard many Christians seriously claim) do so because they think homosexuals choose, immorally, to be gay. Now, I know many gays. My girlfriend is bisexual. Homophobe's beliefs about homosexuals are based on utter ignorance. And hatred as well as intolerance juts out from their ignorance. Now your claiming me to be intolerant of ignorance hatred, slyly pointing the subtle contradiction in my argument. The problem I have is that there are enough people (as well as enough powerful people) that hold ignorant beliefs to inject their beliefs into legislation. Imagine if all of a sudden Muslims came to power and outlawed reading the bible and practicing Christianity (because it conflicts with what's in their book). Could a Muslim seriously say to a dissenting Christian "hey you preach tolerance but you're being intolerant of our belief that you guys are full of [censored]." That's basically what you are saying is amounting to. This "you say you're tolerant but you're intolerant of intolerance" bullshit is just that: bullshit. I'm all about everyone loving each other. Unfortunately, we can't have that. One step toward that is questioning hatred. Yes, I admit it, I hate, and am intolerant of hatred, as well as ignorance.

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, you are still going to town on me. I asked you to name some prominent people and you came up with a Senate candidate who lost by one of the worst landslides in recent memory, and a syndicated columnist who is hated by many. You are right, that sure represents a good chunk of America.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny because if you read the "Ann Coulter is a bitch" thread you'd see people arguing why she's so popular. She's a best selling author and is all over the place. Many people do love her. Alan Keyes has followers. I came up with two prominent political figures, just off the top of my head. If you really want me to do research I will. Oh fine, I'll do a quick google search if you're not satisfied with these prominent figures (I wonder how they got so prominent, ya know, with no supporters). Wow, that was quick. Rick Santorum. I don't know why I didn't think of him first. He compared homosexuality to bigamy, incest as well as bestiality. Listen, I'm telling you that every "family-values" conservative is anti-gay (I'm sure there are plenty Dems as well). If you want to actually debate that I'd rather try to convince a wall that I'm pretty little girl. You said name one, I named three. I don't want to do any more research (I plugged in 'anti-gay politicians' into google and got over 312,000 hits). There are enough people to make life miserable for homosexuals, okay? You must live in San Francisco if you don't know that they're out there.

As for Keyes daughter. What I'm saying is they just up and kicked her out of the house. She had nothing. Of course she could get a job. But she was also in school. I think it was Harvard (maybe double check, I'm pretty sure though). So sure, she could work 30 hours, but her life was made that much more difficult because she's gay.