View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Country\'s never been in worse shape . . .

Hand 1: TT in the SB. Youre definitely right, I should raise this preflop. Not sure why I didnt. On the flop, I alternate between three betting in this situation and donking the turn, so I could go either way and not feel bad about it.

Hand 2: I definitely bet the turn again. The bet on the flop folded the limper, so its HU and I am conceivably ahead of some hands (spade or club re/draws), bottom pair, gutshot draws. Also, there is some small chance that a bet on the turn could fold a better hand like red 88, 99 etc.

Hand 3: A9o from the SB against (apparently) a guy who seems a big LAGgy judging by his river raise. (I mean what's the point to raising the river? He chops with any ace, and loses to a few hands.) I still probably complete here rather than raise. The PFR has the benefit of getting the pot HU, but I generally dont like having to commit myself to autobetting the flop OOP against a LAG. I think it is easier to play if you complete, bet if you hit the board in any way, or c/r the LAG if you hit a blank board.

Intersting comments though. Maybe my play from the SB needs work. I tend to be a lot less aggressive from the SB in my preflop play, because Im thinking ahead to how I will play on later streets. Maybe Im missing lots of preflop equity by not raising here? When Im in position (hand 2), the play is notably more aggressive.