View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Anyone checks through the turn here?

Hey steve, what is your intention in raising the flop? If you feel you have the best hand and are raising with that understanding, then it seems like a clear turn bet. If you are raising for a free look at the river considering your draw, then it seems like a clear check.

I don't think I'd ever check this if I raised the flop as I am raising the flop with what I am anticipating to be the best hand and the best draw.

I think the key here is UTG+2. You have him listed at 40/16, so he is pretty LAGGY preflop. How about postflop? You are only worried about one of them pairing up again and/or a non-heart A overcard, and if either of them are holding an A they are drawing pretty thin. So I agree you have little to risk by checking the turn, but you are also giving up a tremendous amount of value with possibly the best hand and a strong draw if you don't currently have the best hand. Then there is the possibility UTG+2 would call a singly turn bet but might not call a turn CR, which kills the value of your draw.

I like calling the flop here and raising this turn. Again, I'm not afraid of free cards other than for JT (but you have a J, decreasing the odds of it) and again it has to be a non-heart A or 9 to complete the OESD. Your only other concern here is AK, and I don't think AK is 3betting the turn with 1.6 aggression from UTG+1 so you can take your free showdown putting in the same number of bets and charging the draws that would otherwise fold the river unimproved. Even if you get raised on the turn, you have a strong redraw to the hearts.