View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Ann Coulter is a Stupid Bitch

"Secondly, and more specifically, you alleged that I "picked some random blog to find the liberal equivalent of Coulter", only shows that you either hadnt read the entire exchange between Grey and me plus my posted link, or completely misunderstood the exchange. Hard to believe either one applies to you Nicky, but I cant figure otherwise. To clarify, Grey made an assertion that the liberal blogsphere probably was the closest to Coulter in his opinion. I asked if he was going to to condemn them. He said, condemn who, and I provided him a link. And it wasnt some random blogger, it was a piece by a Pulitzer prize winning author. But dont bother with the details.."

Apologies, you are correct, I skimread the exchange and misunderstood it.

"The first is that regardless of how much you despise this woman, the caterwauling of the left over statements only feed the fire. As I said to Grey, this is simple human psychology, something even my young daughters understand to some degree already. "

You are probably right, but I don't really regard a comment that Coulter's statements are not compaprable to Franken's so-called "mud-slinging" as caterwauling. If you assert something here you should be ready for it to be questioned and not just suggest that the questioner would be better off keeping quiet. If someone says truly terrible things and someone else, a respected poster here for example, tries to argue that they're just "mud-slinging" and no worse than what someone like Franken, I see nothing wrong with posting my views to the contrary. You may think that if everyone just ignored the likes of Coulter she'd go away, but when many people on the right don't, and when others try to present her statements as simply partisan mud-slinging, I think it's worth vocally disagreeing.

"PS I may muster enough inspiration to start an "Al Franken is a Stupid [censored]" thread and see if I can work myself into an indignant lather over the opining of some brainless demagogue. "

Go for it. But it doesn't change the fact that Coulter's ravings are not really comparable to Franken's attacks.