View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: How do you feel about people outright asking you for money?

[ QUOTE ]
If I were to come into hundreds of millions of dollars, spliting a good portion of that up with friends and family is the only way I see to live the rest of my life. I honestly can't see how someone could consider not doing this. If there were some of my friends or family that were proud and did not want to accept the donation, I would honor thier wishes, but to not offer, I couldn't live with myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldnt live with yourself if you didnt give them money?

Wouldnt you feel worse if a chain of hatred and jealousy was created because you didnt give the friend of your friend money? Or wouldnt you feel guilty because now all the people in your family that once were happy are splitting up and generally just fighting over the money they got? Or disappointed with the fact that a lot of them do nothing anymore?

I dont get why you cant see that giving a bunch of money to certain people can really screw up their lives, not everyone thinks like you and is going to make good use of the money, some will snap and decide they no longer should follow the law or remain with their families. I would feel much worse if the money I gave out caused families to end and landed some people in rehab or jail.

Im not saying all will just snap, but some will. Thats why you dont give people money blindly, you help them by paying for their homes or something along those lines, but handing out money is madness, plus a point no one ever made is that, some are going to blow thru the money and ask for more.