View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: What if you knew everyone\'s hole cards?

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that Greenstein or Sklansky or Reese or Ivey might eventually be able to figure out that something was up.

They might not know specifically that you are ALWAYS seeing their cards...but they will eventually observe that you are somehow taking every pot where you stay in (although you could counter this by actually intentionally showing-down a losing hand every once in awhile I suppose).

If a Chan or Greenstein or Sklansky is at your table then they are going to come up with some sort of appropriate 'all-in or nothing' strategy to try to counter your advantage.

Even without someone coming up with a maniac strategy to counter your x-ray vision....it's 6,000 freaking players.
And we're talking about winning the whole freaking thing.
I'm saying 50%-ish and you're saying 90%-ish (which may be closer to correct, not sure).

[/ QUOTE ]

by the time they figured out something was up, it would be too late. After day 1, nobody is going to have enough chips to ever bust you. You will end day 1 with probably over 200k in chips, maybe more. You will lead wire to wire. You will go to the final table with probably over 90% of the chips. Imagine your advantage on the bubble. On the final table bubble. Even if they had some sort of all in or fold strategy against me, I would have two advantages...
I would have a huge stack and would be able to eventually bust them w/ a 75%+ favorite preflop
and
I don't have to play against them. I could avoid them until I had a huge advantage and pick on everyone else.

Think about it. You would never make a mistake. You could blow people off medium sized pots at will. You would never make a river error. You could resteal everytime anyone stole. You could call every raise when someone has AK or AQ and you had two garbage cards and play a flop...a turn...a river perfectly. You would be able to execute perfect squeeze plays. You would accumulate so many chips with so little (virtualy no) risk that you would be impossible to stop. It would take a monster run of terrible beats/cards at the final table for you not to win. That will happen maybe once in twenty or thirty trials. No more.