View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Overpair against agression

I have a hard time putting semi TAG players on hands when they coldcall preflop heads up, especially against our EP raise, I'm guessing something like AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or AJs, and 99-AA by the turn. I like a turn 3 bet, the only hand I'm fearing is JJ, you charge a FD an extra bet, and you get at least 4 bets in against something like QQ, that hand is probably just calling your river donk. I'm sure some of these hands need to be discounted more than others, not sure where to begin since he should almost always 3 bet or fold PF with all of these hands so they all need to be discounted. Maybe it evens itself out. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Edit: A turn 3 bet is best if he has AJs, KK, QQ, and a flush draw, we get 1 more bet against these than just donking the river usually, although a flush draw (AK/AQ) might call a river donk anyway, and a worse hand might raise the river.

Stop and going is best against 99 and TT, especially when a river card like this falls off as he'll probably think you're tarding it up. A stop and go is also good against JJ since we save a bet. It's very close if we don't discount any, if we do discount and say TT and 99 is more likely than KK and QQ it seems better to stop and go. On the flip side he's not always going to call our river donk with TT or 99, some people like to raise a hand like that on the turn planning on it being the last bet put into the pot.

Boy that was a mess, I'm not sure what to do now.. I think I like a stop and go now.