View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Bad Beat Jackpot Calculations

Yeah, I had already considered that part about simulations... I figured it would be a very robust simulator with a excellent random number generator that I'd leave running for a few days or however long it took [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But thanks for these links! These odds will be nearly dead-on in typical BBJP games, where people will play any pair and any suited connector or 1-gap. The odds of hitting each BBJP are:
4 of a kind (2 PP required): 1-250,000
4 8's or better beat: 1-155,000
4 of a kind beat: 1-93,000
Aces full of Kings beat: 1-71,000
Aces full of Queens beat: 1-42,000
Aces full of Jacks beat: 1-24,000
Aces full of Tens beat: 1-16,000

How much do you contribute to the BBJP every hand? How the money is distributed isn't relevant, just the amount you put in, and the potential jackpot. Typical B+M takes $1 out of the pot, PP takes $0.50. But you only pay when you win a pot. What % of pots do you win? Can I assume a random 10%, i.e. the BBJP contribution per hand in B+M would be 0.10, and 0.05 on PP. Does this look right? Now I just have to figure out what % of the BBJP you stand to win if you know one hits on your table, which will give what the BBJP has to be for you to break even on the drop.

P.S. Vegas Dream on NES destroys Vegas Stakes on SNES.