View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Here's a hand that I played a few nights ago in the $80-$160 game at The Bellagio.

First some background. I had been losing in the game but had just won a big pot from a very loose aggressive player who normally plays in the bigger mixed games. This hand features him again.

The game was six handed. The UTG player folded. I raised with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The player on my left folded, and the loose aggressive player who was on the button makes it three bets. The blinds fold and I call.

The flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check. My opponent bets. I check raise. And my opponent makes it three bets. I call.

The turn is the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet and my opponent calls.

The river is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check. My opponent bets. And I call.

All comments are welcome.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mason - this hand was on an entirely different level from most of the hands you've posted in the last year or so. I love the call the flop three-bet and bet the turn(because most flush draws are going to give up the raising routine and you can sometimes fold given your read - and you don't risk a free card). I love the turn bet because it will freeze him up even when you are behind, and I love the river check-call because you win the max vs. his missed draw or lose the least vs. his better king, especially when he confusedly checks it behind. Great hand.
-James