View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: 9k Hand Checkup 200NL (PT STATS)

OK, you should be honored because for some reason this post tickled my fancy and it's the first stats post that I am going to respond to in a serious manner. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have played a lot of NL200 6m. You are running hotter than I am as judged by the fact that you are winning more frequently at showdown than I am despite the fact that you are going to showdown more frequently than I am. However, I am winning a lot more than you are. This is because you are not aggressive enough.

On every street, my aggression factor is one full point higher than yours. And I am going to showdown less frequently than you are. There are three reasons why this aggression is helping me to win more money than you are:
1. I am stealing pots
2. I am protecting my hands better than you
3. I am making better value bets than you are on the river

Hope this helps. Turn up the postflop aggression and your results will improve. It will take time to find the right spots, though. Keep it in mind as a target, however, and your results should improve. On the river, in position, particularly try to value bet even one pair hands if your opponent has shown no aggression. They will call down with top pair weak kicker and even worse. Make sure you make them pay for that. If you have bet the flop and turn, even a half pot bet on the river is a very sizeable bet in terms of BBs.