Thread: ATo vs Flop C/R
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: ATo vs Flop C/R

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: For me, ATo is a bit light to raise in this spot. But then again, I just looked in PT and the hand has been a solid winner for me -- +0.44bb/hand in the last 160 occurrences, so maybe I should be raising it. Or else maybe the reason I'm winning with it is that I'm not raising...

Generally I fold ATo in EP, open-raise in MP or limp after a couple limpers, and limp/raise in LP depending. But the 5/10 game is tighter than 2/4, and so ATo probably plays differently in your game. I forgot how 2/4 plays.

On the flop, I think the bet/call is standard.

Turn: I don't think you can call. Your two T outs won't necessarily give you a winner; your three A outs are definitely tainted (any K makes Broadway), and your four K outs are a bit discounted. So I'd give you about 3.5 outs here, which isn't really enough. But it's close, and I don't think it's a disaster or anything to call. River fold is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

ATo is my third or fourth best winner, abuot .44BB hand. I raise with it almost always MP and beyond. Does 13/4 really limp with only with AJ and AQ? That seems pretty tight for 13 VPIP. I didn't mention it and shouldn't add it later, but the player in between myself and TP was very very poor player, and my raise also served the purpose of isolating. Sorry for adding late, still I raise in this spot most of the time, and and my PT stats like the play [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]