View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: A conversation I overheard

[ QUOTE ]
I hear a lot of conversations going on at work. 98% of them I ignore, since I generally have better stuff to do than to listen to some random people talking about their day.

This one caught my attention though. I only had 1-2 tables going, so I had a bit of free time to mull around trying to look useful. At one of the bar tables, I hear a lady saying "But New Orleans has always been wicked." My ears perked up for a second, and a man proceeded to respond "well, that's why God flooded them off the earth."

I just stood there for a second, watching this group of 6 people around this bar table sit there with serious looks on their faces while talking about the "wicked New Orleans" getting smote off the earth by their god. I couldn't believe the nerve of these people and their self-rightous attitudes.

So what the hell? Do other people really think like this? Absolutely appalling.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous. God clearly said fire next time.

For the information of the clueless bigots, the neighborhoods where most gays live (French Quarter, Marigny, Bywater) came through just fine. The neighborhoods of the upstanding middleclass church-going families were destroyed (all along the lakefront).