View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter is a Stupid Bitch

Wow. First things first. Air America Radio, for the most part, does have a lot of content and humor. Despite what the right is STILL saying, it's growing. I know plenty of people that listen to it here in Chicago. It's grown to 70 markets in a little over a year and a half. It is doing well, and given more time it will continue to do well. As for Franken's radio show. If you haven't actually listened to it please don't say a goddamn word. I know the majority of you haven't listened to it, so don't pass judgement. The show has expert after expert as well as intelligent and hilarious political satire. It even has *gasp* opposing opinions. Multiple times a week he'll have the "resident ditto-head," on(a good friend of his) and debate about Limbaugh. Not only that, the guy debates intelligently, so it's not just Franken crushing him. You can't even begin to compare the content of Franken's show to others on the right, because there's actually 'content' as opposed to blowhard demogogues. If you don't want to actually listen to the show then don't compare it to the conservative radio programs.
Oh yeah, someone here actually called Franken a demogogue. Wtf is that about? Perhaps you're throwing around a word that you don't know the definition of. He's absolutely not a demogogue. He does not play off the fears and prejudices of the people. Not saying no liberals do that, but actually listen to the show and then try to lump him and Limbaugh into the same wastebasket of demogoguery.

So apparently he called someone a racist that wasn't a racist. I'll look into it and chime in, but whenever Franken makes a mistake on the show, he corrects it the very next day, and will give a sincere apology. It's not impossible that the person in question did something racist, as past is not prologue to present when it comes to opinions. Democratic senator Robert Byrd was in the KKK, now he's a non-racist Democratic Senator. If Franken irresponsibly called someone who wasn't a racist a racist, then you win on that point. But I'll need many more examples other than that one for you to compare him to Coulter. Every time she opens her mouth she says something as bad as or worse than "this one person is racist." It's usually something like "50% of the country hates America and loves Islamic terrorists."
The End