View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: How do you feel about people outright asking you for money?

Well its obviuous you are a gimmick account, but anyway.

If I had a dollar for every story I read of guys developing drinking problems, getting divorced, or just screwing up their lives after winning the lottery itd have those 100 million already.

If you just give people a bunch of money its going to be really bad and you might say, but they are getting a bunch of money how can it be bad? Well money usually changes people, there are very few that can stay grounded.

Also as Greg said, if you give someone money then someone else gets angry that you didnt give them money, and its a never ending chain of anger and jealousy not really directed at you, but at the people that got money.

The reality is this, life isnt that simple as ill just give millions of dollars away and everyone will be happy. Life is much much more complex than that. Giving someone money will just make them quit everything and decide that they want to do nothing, but just live off the money you gave them. I like what Greg said, buy them a house, pay their tuition, do something positive for them, but dont just give them money randomly if they dont need it, it will only make things much worse.