View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: How do you feel about people outright asking you for money?

Hi Greg,

I see your points, and I'm not one to think that a few million is enough to be just giving away large sums of money. Personally, if I had a really huge amount, say 100 million, I think it would help my closest family and friends rather than hurt them were I to give them a couple of million each. And it wouldn't hurt me at all.

I'm not suggesting you should give a million to your parents, or any money to anybody else--what you've earned and won is yours, and you have a family to take care of, and I'd guess your parents are probably doing just fine anyway.

Many people are finding fulfillment in their careers or otherwise and wouldn't need the money either.

A lot of people really struggle, though, and have for many years. If I ever came into really huge money--many tens, or even hundreds, of millions--not just a few million--there are a few close people I'd want to help out. Besides, wouldn't I want them to be able to take vacations etc. with me too sometimes, and be able to be healthier and freer, instead of keeping their noses to the grindstone all the rest of their lives?

I'm not saying you're wrong, even about extremely large fortunes, if that's the way you feel. I just would feel differently if I ever were to get to the point where I had far more than I could ever reasonably spend--such as a hundred million. And I feel pretty confident that certain people I know would be more benefitted than harmed by a small portion of such a windfall.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in. It was fun watching you versus Devilfish on that episode in that hand. Well done hehe.