View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: I think too much...and get into trouble

You didn't mention the limits you play or whether referring to limit or NL.

If you play low limits like I do, you can pretty much forget FPS. Just play solid cards and rely on experience to tell you what is right.

At higher limits, I would assume one should be quite good at reading people and knowing who they play against to avoid what you mention.

[ QUOTE ]
BUT, when you see someone that sees most flops and when you see the showdown and they played crap and got away with it time after time you start to wonder(it also pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

This bothered me too when I first started playing. It doesn't anymore because you know where most of those guys are?...broke.

I recently switched to NL for my live play (still play limit online though usually) and play against someone like you mentioned in your post. Amazing level on flop agression, and an amazing number of turn and river hits to support it. It will end, and probably not that far in the future.

I reread your post a few times and it seems to me you are a new player. Please forgive that assumption if you are not. A lot of what you describe becomes much clearer with more experience. I haven't been playing long myself (only a couple of years), but when I look back at how far I've come in that time, its amazing. A lot of what you describe is what I used to wrestle with when I started playing myself.