View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:16 PM

Default I think too much...and get into trouble

So many people bluff, defend their blinds with crap, play back after the flop when the guy in the lead bets out right, calls and then plays back at the turn, check and calls to the river and then does a check raise, etc. Sometimes of course people have a hand when doing this. BUT, when you see someone that sees most flops and when you see the showdown and they played crap and got away with it time after time you start to wonder(it also pisses me off). While you can control what cards you play you can't control the flop, are we missing something here?

So when I'm in the lead going to the flop and bet it regardless what hits, lets say I have AKo and the flop is Q,8,2 rainbow. I'm 2nd to act and then get checked raised. To me this makes sense for that to happen(different scenario if all rags hit the board). I only had a 33% chance of liking the flop so odds are I didn't hit which is true in this case. The question is, did that guy really hit? I'm thinking not and therefore should re raise with my A,K high.

Then comes the turn and lets say you do have TPTK and get check raised, then what? He could have trips, 2 pair or jack [censored]. Again he could be playing me but I don't know. It just seems I guess wrong most of the time (we all have to guess to some degree) but I think too much. I'm just tired of guessing wrong, fold winning hands and playing hands that are beat badly. What do you guys think? Please be serious in your response, I know understanding my opponent better would help but you can't always do this.

Thanks