View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: I\'ve been Thinking

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't approve of any ideology whose sole purpose it to make us feel good about ourselves and justify all of our actions. I don't want to compare you to any historical figures, but I fear before long you will prospose the final solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about your personal ideaology, Max? Doesn't your personal ideaology make you feel good and justify your actions here for comparing me to Hitler? Does that mean you don't approve of your own personal ideaology? Does that mean you have no personal ideaology?

Please, this is boring me. You give me the same moral relativism arguement which you can't win, and then you call me names.

Underwhelming.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

I never made any claims about moral relativism.

I don't exactly what my ideology is or whether I have one. I don't think I need one.

One thing I know is that I don't classify any groups of homosapiens as sub-human. Does that make me feel good about myself? Not really. It makes me kind of have mixed feelings about myself. I know that many Germans sat idly by while my ancestors were slaughtered in the concentration camps. I also know that I am quite capable of doing the same. That doesn't make me feel great.

It is very possible for me to love my country, defend and support it, without believing every one of our actions and motives are good and justifiable.

Believe me this is boring for me as well. It all started with your ridiculous assertion that you were capable of defining what it means to be a human being.