View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter is a Stupid Bitch

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt say as extreme. I asked if it was "extreme enough for you...." What I left off was "...for you to condemn."

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, so we have to read your invisible pixels now?[ QUOTE ]
So, is it ok that Franken called Horowitz, a man who is clearly not, a racist? The comparison is not ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. I don't know the man and I haven't heard Franken's comments about him.

But the comparison is ridiculous. Franken doesn't demonize half of the country. Franken doesn't preach violence against groups of people with a smirk, and then let his followers pass it off as "just kidding! weeee! lol you stupidheads are so easy to tease."[ QUOTE ]
Coulter and Franken are non value added talking heads who exist to pander to their respective audiences, sling mud, and make money.

[/ QUOTE ]No, Coulter is of a different breed. She isn't a talking head- she's a hatred spewer. She doesn't sling mud- she preaches fascism. That's entirely different.

She is also much more loosly tied to the truth. I wont' defend Franken; I can't stand to listen to him for more than five minutes either, but he's more of an alarmist than a flat out liar.[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I dont know much about the radio leadup to Rwanda. Ill do some reading on it. But your comparison is pretty extreme, perhaps I should get disgusted with your methods, no?

[/ QUOTE ]No because the comparison is valid. The Hutus (who are genetically identical to the Tutsis) half-jokingly ranted and raved on the radio about the vermin Tutsis- the filthy Tutsis. Half-jokingly talked about how they should be put in their place. Half-jokingly talked about how they were traitors and spies. Maybe the Hutu listeners said "oh we only listen to it because we think it's funny how you Tutsis react. Obviously they're hitting a nerve. Are you really traitors and spies?"

Then one day it wasn't half-jokingly any more. Machetes were distributed, a signal via the radio was given, and millions of Tutsis were chopped to pieces and left to rot in the streets.

You think it could never happen here? You are absolutely wrong. Many studies have been done on people of all sorts (especially after the Holocaust) and fires like that can be set very easily. 90% of people will do horrible horrible things that they never thought they'd do when prompted in the right way.

I don't know if you ever saw the video, but in the 70's a teacher took one day and had her entire class convinced that the blue-eyed people were inferior. The perception grew and grew until the blue-eyed kids starting doing horribly on tests, starting acting out more in class, brown-eyes ganged up and beat up blue-eyes, blue-eyes became more violent, etc. All by just telling the class that one was superior to the other. I can't remember the name of the study but it's been shown on television a few times.

Then two days later she reversed the assumption to one brown-eyes were inferior, and the trend completely reversed almost instantaneously.

In psychology studies were done after the Holocaust involving random people who were told to give shock treatments to people behind a curtain when they gave wrong answers to questions. Something like 90% continued giving treatments even after the victim (after screaming his lungs out) went silent as if he were dead. No place is immune to such things.

Rwanda is what I'm reminded of every time I see Ann Coulter fidgeting and blustering about how unpatriotic, deceitful, and inferior one group of Americans is.[ QUOTE ]
The fact is that when the social conditions are right, hyperbole of the sort Coulter uses could potentially lead to some sort of acting out of those scenarios she outlines. Those conditions, outside of a few lunatics here and there, dont exist in this country.

[/ QUOTE ]You should get out more. The high school I went to was the KKK capital of Indiana, with an active chapter. Rebel flags galore. We got our first black student ever while I was a Junior and the students made monkey sounds at him in the halls. This is a big country and as things like Katrina and the L.A. riots have shown, we can be reduced to the state of other countries quite easily. Do you think none of those KKK members I went to high school take Ann Coulter's fascist "jokes" seriously?[ QUOTE ]
You misunderstand my point. Its the way you and others let her manipulate you into such a self righteous frenzy. You think she doesnt use those words purposely to generate a response? The worst thing to do with a person like that is to respond in that fashion. This is basic human psychology. I mean I teach my kids that for God's sake, havent you figured it out by now?

[/ QUOTE ]Ah, so when you all Read Coulter's books, or listen to her on the radio, you do it with a Liberal at your side? No, there is much more to the appeal of Coulter than that.

Why are people who get alarmed at fascist comments funny? What the hell is funny about that? We don't live in a magical world safe from the end results of Coulter-like thinking.[ QUOTE ]
An irrelevant aside combined with a neat justification of those that you consider to be the closest equivalent to the Coulter crowd. Im waiting to hear your condemnation of them Grey.

[/ QUOTE ]Condemnation of who? Show me some people on the left who think half of America is a bad disease upon our country.