View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: 88 Final Table hand (Party $30)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can fold this flop.

[/ QUOTE ] This is one of the worst flops i can imagine. I don't like how I played the hand but that doesn't change that this is a terrible flop. There are plenty of flops I like with 88 heads up in a blinds confrontation. This isn't one of them. Only turn card I really like is a 7. And there are few raise CALLING hands this flop misses. He's re-raising with the AK/KK/QQ/AQ type hands. This flop is square in the wheelhouse of a raise calling hand. Only pairs smaller than mine missed this flop. Every big connector hit it HARD.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know villain has a big connector? He flat called a raise from the SB in the BB. He doesn't have complete junk and he doesn't have a standard raising hand that is not a big pair. That is all we know. He could have a smaller pp, a small suited connector/gapper, Ax, or Kx.

There is a good chance both of your straight odds are good and you may be ahead with your pair. Don't think of the worst possible hand villain can have.

Just push on a semibluff. If you are not ahead, you have outs, and villain may fold. There is too much money in the pot to fold.