View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 09:24 AM

Default a non thinking boring hand

I was talking about this with a buddy tonight... seems like I find myself in this situation once a night and have really been giving my play here some thought.

---------------------

I have played 4 hands in this game. So for it looks tight, nothing great going on. 10 handed game. ZZZZZZ.

I am delt AT in the hijack (cutoff-1) and open raise. Folds to the button who 3 bets. I call and we are HU.

The flop (7.5sb) comes A72r
I lead, he raises, I call

Turn is a 3 (5.75bb)
I check, he bets...

Now, I have no read on this player... he has not played any of the previous four hands. I believe I am beat and drawing for 3 outs. I probably get a checkraise in when I get my outs 100% of the time. 3 of the 4 times I CR my hand is good (I lose to AA, i beat AK AQ AJ). I am thinking I will need to call 2 more BB at this point in order to win 7.5bb (not good odds!). If for whatever chance he checks behind the river, its 1:6.75 odds... still, not good.

I am assuming he is a thinking player (because I have no read). Why would he bet 88-KK on this turn, I always call down and he risks being check raised. If he checks behind with one of those hands I lead the river and he calls. He loses the same bets as if he were to check behind on the river and as I said, no worrying about a CR.

Part of me wants to fold my hand on the turn, but I come from the school of always call down / keep the other guy honest. I have made it pretty clear that I have the ace and so far he is saying he has an ace beat. Not much communication, I know... but I dont see me beating much here.

So, how many of you call down here. I shouldnt be surprised when everyone says 'easy call'...

Thanks,
Ryan