View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: I owe neteller money

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your post doesn't make sense at all.

What I am asking is if they can really get money out of your attached bankaccount without you giving permission to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

My post made no sense because you didn't understand oilcan's post apparently.

If you deposit money that you don't have, of course they have permission to try and get it as many times as they want. They won't just say "Oh he doesn't have it" and walk away. They may send you an email or call you(not sure) and let you know that you don't have sufficient funds, but don't you think it would be fair for them to try to get the money out of the account?

On the other hand, if I have never made a transaction with NT, and all of a sudden they try to take out $50, of course they can't do that. I've never heard of anyone having that problem though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be shocked if Neteller can access your account without your permission even if it were attached to your account. A bank can't even do that when you don't pay your overdraft after you get funds into your account the overdraft was protecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bank won't do that with an overdraft account because they are making interest and fees off of the overdraft.

Try paying your cell phone/cable/electric bill online with a checking account that had in suficient funds. The company will keep trying to debit your account for the funds until it has them. It might try once a week, and you may be charged a fee by them and the bank each time they do that.

You agreed to this in the terms and conditions of neteller/phone company/ect...