View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: KQo preflop conundrum (sp?)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you a twenty forty player? Would you say you were the best player in that game? Could you expand on this please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually was hoping no one flamed him for this before I had read it because I wanted to be the first.

I bet that he brought this up at the table a minumum of 3 times.

To the OP: This was a useless comment that has no bearing whatsoever on the hand in question.

Concerning the hand in question: Good fold. I am opening this for a raise in the game you described, and in most games. However, if the game is a crazy maniac game I might muck it preflop depending on my image and the other players. When it comes back to me I am folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe those of you that mostly play online or who live in parts of the country/world aren't familiar showing up intending play one game, and find with misfortune that sed game isn't going. Sometimes it alters your level of thinking when you play in a game a little smaller than what you are used to, or then what you were expecting. I thought it might be useful in the decision making process. All of these players know I usually play in the 20/40 game, not the 10/20, and my image in their eyes is adjusted accordingly. I felt this might add even more justification to the fold decision preflop, as they think higher of my raising standards based on the game I usually play.

This isn't a 100 table card room, ever body knows everybody, I thought it might be pertinent...obviously i'm the only one that thinks so.

sorry for not making the OP more clear.

lf