View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: 99, a maniac, and some interesting turn action

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a hand I just played that I wasn't too sure about.

Reads: CO in this hand was a borderline maniac. His stats were 75/33/2.3. He would bet and raise a lot of hands, but he might slow down if shown a lot of heat. He was also running extremely well, up almost 50 BB over not that many hands, which no doubt factors into his high stats somewhat. He sees a lot of showdowns, but his trashy starting hands kept hitting.

Button was quite loose, but I didn't have as many hands on him. He seemed pretty passive.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (16.00 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 18.00 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have a read on SB?

Preflop - call is fine, 3 bet would be for a little value I guess (but harder to protect after the flop)

Flop - Given your read on CO, you should bet hoping CO would raise to blow button and SB off (check raise is definitely wrong here, building the pot like that would increase the # of guys coming to showdown with you). If this works, I would call CO's raise and check raise the turn.

Turn - Given the flop play, C/R is ok. Buttons call reraise indicates you're WB. Metagame reasons, miracle 9 or gutshot could justify a call.

River - Are you good 6% of the time here? Its close but I would think not.

Very interesting hand!