Thread: ($20) Early AKs
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: ($20) Early AKs

Is your argument based on the perspective that online players in this type of low buy-in format in the early stages of the tournament are all playing very bad?

Do you think that the caller will indeed fold after calling for 25% of his stack (16 X BB)?

At least as far as my experience goes, they usually call. It would be great to see them flip an AJ or AQ, but mostly I would expect to see a mid PP. My guess is that if I kept pushing in blind every time there was some heavy action (bets of 10+ x BB being made and called) preflop with AK I would get busted out. Eventually the 50% shot will go the wrong way when someone either sucks out or their pair holds up. Do you disagree and why?

Do you prefer to get all your chips in early in low buy in online tourneys early, on 50/50 to try and accumulate chips fast? If so why?

Do you feel that flat calling this is putting too much emphasis on early stage survival?

p.s. I am not being a smart ass, I am seriously asking these questions looking for some solid reasoning. I really don't see the need for smart ass comments. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]