View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Quick Basic ?\'s on a few PL hands

Hand one is perfectly played. It is a really great hand and getting all-in preflop is what I would hope for as well.

I will play most KK hands for a limp preflop in PL (not so much in limit). You have a fairly vulnerable nuts on the flop and turn, so I would definitely be betting. I wouldn't be surprised if the raiser on the turn has a nut low and nut flush draw. You should probably be the favorite so obviously call.

I probably wouldn't play hand 3 preflop very often. I think this is a great flop for you since there is no immediate low draw and you have a pretty strong draw for high. I would bet the flop hoping to win right there. I don't like getting flat called here since that look like a nut FD. I think check behind on the turn and call on the end would be more prudent, since you risk the same amount as bet/fold on the turn, but you can pick off dry ace bluffs and smaller flushes (I have come up against people that will draw at any flush and play aggressively when it hits) at showdown.