Thread: Call Downs
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Call Downs

[ QUOTE ]
The first hand looks okay to me. I'd fold if a heart hit, but you know whether or not he will pull thsis with worse A-hi hands.

hand2 I don't like at all. If you are going to try to get to showdown, I just call down when he donks the flop. He'll be donking lots of hands and I'd rather him keep betting worse hands than let him get away from weak ones, but once he 3bets I think you are up against mostly made hands with the occasional OESD.

Hand3..

at the turn I get that nagging "it's a big pot and he might be taking a stab at me with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]" feeling, which is almost never right often enough to take it into account.

On my best days I fold to the turn raise - there's been tons of heat thus far and he's still raising. On my better days I recognize that on the river even AK is now ahead of me and fold there.
On most days I just call and get shown A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or QK or JJ and sigh at how I knew I should have folded but didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is perfectly stated for all three hands. I especially agree with your assessment of hand 2.