Thread: ($20) Early AKs
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: ($20) Early AKs

[ QUOTE ]
It is a good move to push if you have had limpers. You have 2 people telling you that they have good/great hands. I give them credit for that.

I don't think you are going to get a fold here. I think you will push then be all-in with a 50/50 shot and your tourney life at stake. This is also against 3 players, granted only one can seriously hurt you. Online, low buy-in, people don't fold prelop after calling for 25-50% of their stack (usually). So if you would like to race all the power too you. Personally I avoid the 50% shots. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the responses in this thread are horrible. There's no question in an online tourney the only move here is to push. HoH etc don't apply as much to shallow stack online tourneys with tons and tons of idiots where you can't read people. But to reply to the specific post...

Yesterday I pushed UTG w/ 10 bbs (around 100/50 linds) with AKs, one person called me with AJo, the other PUSHED (for about twice as much) with 66, and the AJ called and made his jack. THESE are the kinds of idiots that play these tourneys, ESPECIALLY in the 40k. Either one of these clowns could easily have medium pairs/worse aces than hero. I don't really care about getting the caller to fold, if he does, great and I'm getting a 50/50 (at worst, probably) with a little better than 2 to 1 pot odds. You can't pass that up, nevermind that there's a good chance he has just a weaker ace... Even if the caller calls the push, you're playing for a main pot with 50/50 at worse odds, and the sidepot is all overlay for you. You'll probably win both pots if you win one, so the shorty is basically overlay on your ev (at worst) neutral push.

AKs beniefits most from seeing all 5 cards, calling PF and then folding on a rag flop or something to the caller's inevitable flop push is AWFUL.

AKs is NOT a drawing hand. This is the easiest. push. ever.