View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Flop with OK & FD4 - call or raise?

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop.
-you need to clean up your ace outs
-you will get a free card on the turn if you need it.

Don't worry about "losing customers". People are more that happy to call two cold on the flop to see another card. But if someone with AT decides to fold, then great - you have two more outs. If they call, that's fine too. They lose either way.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is clearly an incentive to raise the flop, and an incentive to just call on the flop. I believe calling and letting in all the pair/gutshot draws will make more money for the hero in the long run. And like I said b4 if you are in a game where people are cold calling flop raises with relatively nothing than raising the flop is right. About forcing out AT or A9, These hands are not likely to call the flop so I wouldnt worry about these hands, the incentive to raise the flop is to force out middle/bottom pair with an ace kicker. If this were a raised pot, raising the flop would clearly be correct, but in a relatively small unraised pot, raising the flop and choking off our future action and potentially isolating ourselves against the best hand is not worth trying to free up our ace outs in my opinion