View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Why the American Economy is hurting Canadian poker players

[ QUOTE ]
wait, canadian poker players are complaining about the us economy?

LMAO

think about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all that ridiculous really. I well aware that there are bigger economical issues facing the world right now than my bankroll, however the current economic climate has impacted my bottom line.

We have this massive superpower to the south of us - obviously your economics have a significant impact on ours (not so much vice versa.... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] )

Online poker is conducted in American funds therefore my bankroll fluctuates day to day with the exchange rate. It was pretty sweet when our dollar was sitting at 64 cents. Withdraw a $1000 US from Neteller and have $1300+ hit my CDN bank account - guess we got kind of spoiled.

Not really worth a LMAO and not really complaning - just discussing the reality of the situation. Boose's misconception is that a rebounding US economy will drive our dollar back down. Not necessarily so. We are propping up a fair amount of this increase on our own now with our economy being so strong (for the moment anyhow). We may see a slide to the low eighties or high seventies but the 64 cent days are over.

For the record we really don't wan't an equal dollar. Canada primarily deals in exports so a comparably strong dollar actually hurts our economy. Most analysts agree that 64 cents was dangerously low and the companies that do rely on import were suffering greatly - ideally we should be around 75-78 cents.

As Bob stated... take those CDN dollars and buy US greenbacks.