View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Re: What to do in life?

[ QUOTE ]
Hello all. I am 34 years old (single with no children) and for the last year I have been permanently disabled (on SSDI and long term disability). I have a degenerative neuromuscular disorder that has caused me to lose most of the strength and sensitivity in my arms, legs, hand and feet. I can still walk, write and use a keyboard, however I am very slow at doing all three.

My purpose in posting this is basically to get comments, input and ideas, etc. from people I don't personally know. Things like "what would you do in a similar situation" and what others you have known may have done in similar situations. I especially value input from persons in similar situations. I am basically looking to expand my outlook on life in general, I guess.

I am unable to work, luckily my disability income covers my expenses. I have adequate savings to invest, so investing is definitely something I am interested in (not stocks & bonds).

[/ QUOTE ]

Take something you are interested in, and learn as much as you can about it. If it happens that you make some money along the way, great. Otherwise enjoy. Best wishes.