Thread: JJ
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: JJ

[ QUOTE ]
canterbury 30/60 9 handed

UTG opens. he is very tight. 1 fold. a loose, severely retarded player cold calls. 1 fold. I look at J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and coldcall. monkey to my left coldcalls. folds to BB who 3-bets (this means nothing). UTG 4-bets. retarded player calls 2 more cold. I call 2 more cold. monkey to my left now caps it at 5, and all call.

Flop 5 ways 30SB: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, retard calls, I call, monkey folds, BB calls.

Turn (17BB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, retard bets, what's my plan?

[/ QUOTE ]
The UTG player has a better hand than you and the turn bettor or BB can easily have a straight, this is an obvious fold.....or is it? If the UTG has QQ,KK,AA, he may not call a turn raise on that board, if there is even a slight chance that the turn bettor and the BB do not have a straight than raising is better than folding, this is even true if the bettor or the bb have 2 pair and will never fold. Raising the turn would be a high risk play that can easily backfire, but this pot is huge. In my opinion, Raising the turn is your best option since this will probably force the utg tight player off of a better hand than yours, and if youre 3 bet by the turn bettor or the BB you can safely fold since that would mean you are drawing dead. Risking 2BB in this large pot is well worth it if it gives you a small chance of winning. Raising is the best play, folding the second best play, and calling would be horrible.