View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: How much was your first deposit for?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to how the distribution of people who lost several deposits before figuring it out and those who didn't correlates to experience live and in home games.

[/ QUOTE ]

As stated before, I blew through a bunch of deposits, each one successively slower, so I felt I was making progress (turns out UB also has a FISH boolean flag [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), so I kept playing.

When I first started playing online, I had no prior experience with hold em. Although, I had lots of experience with other poker games like follow the queen, guts, challenge, midnight baseball, etc...

While I had a notion that there was more to it than just luck, I hadn't yet developed the knowledge base or intution to win. Luckily, I befriended some other poker players while in law school and they introduced me to some strategy - from there, I began researching online and eventually found 2+2.

Now I can't wait until I get my law license and start making big bucks so I have the roll to play at tables where people respect my raises!! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]