View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Swing question for people who play lots of hands

[ QUOTE ]
x2... was this graph all at one limit? You broke even for your first 63k hands. That must be brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first 30,000 hands or so were at $5/$10 full. I dropped down to $3/$6 full after the first 250BBs of the downswing, and incurred another 100BB dowsnswing at $3/$6 the day of dropping down.

Based on the number of hands I have played in the past 1 1/2 years (500,000+), I figured a downswing like this was inevitable (although it did in fact suck my balzac).

The sharp upswing following was quite nice, although I was justly disappointed that it had to happen at $3/$6 instead of $5/$10 lol.

The additional 300BB downswing hurt a lot more than the original one which was worse (both BB-wise and dollar-wise), since they both happened in such a short time-frame.

Nevertheless, even including this ~63,000 hand breakeven streak over the past few months of play, I have still ended each and every month with the profit expected given the amount of hands that I played that month (~1BB/100 [I am aware that I suck]). It just goes to show that these things happen, but as long as you keep playing your best, you'll get what is coming to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]