View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Was Villain Right?

haha...
I don't post often, but I'll respond to this one.

Villain in this hand was me, (btw i didn't and never would call you stupid, but I will confess to the "how did you even see the river" comment) and I can't see how Q-tip made any right plays in this hand expect for raising the nuts on the river.

When I 3-bet in the SB, he can't possibily be ahead PF with A-6o, and since his hand didn't improve on the flop he still can't be ahead. I can't possibly see the point in raising the flop, he is just putting in an extra BB when he is way behind.

Calling the turn against what he knew to be a 22/14/2.8 seems -EV to me too, since he can't even be sure that his A is good. I think we could say that his ace is good for maybe 2 outs. So he is calling a 7.5-1 when he is about an 8-1 dog. Where is the EV in this play? I don't get it.

FWIW, what do you think of my river play? Should I be c/c? I am damn sure I have the best hand on the turn when he just calls, and i can't put the PF raiser on a hand with a 6 except for 66 and I cna't see him getting to the river with 66. I am not sure whether or not I should pay him off on the river, I am inclined to say no.